You need an expert in automotive crash cases. You need personal injury attorney Steven Winig. Call Today... Contact Us
Car Crash / Automobile Accidents
No one gets up in the morning and plans to be in a motor vehicle crash. Yet, Palm Beach County alone has seen a total of 13,302 total crashes in the first seven months of 2018. In just one week, that number increased by 758 crashes.
What are the chances?
Your chance of being injured in a motor vehicle accident is 38.9%. Depending on the number of miles you drive, the possibility of being involved in a crash is even higher. An accident can result in just minor damage to your car; your car being totaled; minor injuries to yourself or others; life threatening injuries and even death. What started out as a daily commute or trip to the grocery store can have a forever impact on not only your life, but also your loved ones.
With 1.2 million vehicles registered in Palm Beach County and an average commute time of 23.8 minutes, the odds of being involved in a car crash are high.
According to the FIRES (Florida's Integrated Report Exchange System) Report, there were 196,000 total traffic crashes in the State of Florida in the first 6 months of 2018. Of those, 87% took place in clear weather conditions.
Common Causes of Crashes
- The Number One Cause - Distracted Driving
- Eating or Drinking
- Personal Grooming
- Drunk or Chemically Impaired Driving
- Running Red Lights, Stop Signs or Yield Signs
- Driving When Drowsy
- Road or Weather Conditions
What to Do if You are Involved in a Crash
- Assess yourself for any injuries – if you have injured your head or neck, or cannot feel any of your extremities, do not move until EMS arrives
- Call 911 for police and ambulance if needed – they will ask you what type of emergency it is – police, fire, or ambulance
- Remain at the crash scene, but move to a safe area if physically able
- If you are physically able, check the condition of all of the people involved in order to better describe what EMS services are needed
- Exchange pertinent information with other drivers such as name, address, phone, driver's license number, insurance information
- Get contact information from any witnesses
- Notify your insurance company – DO NOT accept a settlement from the insurance company without first seeking the advice of an attorney
- Take photos of damage to any vehicles involved as well as property that may have been damaged
- Make sure you take photos from each angle of your car including the inside compartment
- Get appropriate medical treatment
- Keep a written log of treatment involved, a description of how you feel each day with regard to your injuries, and any expenses involved with your injury or property damage.
Will All Expenses be Covered by Insurance?
Although Florida Law requires Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage pursuant to Florida Statute 627.736, this coverage is limited to $10,000 in medical and disability coverage and $5,000 in death benefits. Even with health insurance, the cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation can well exceed $500,000. In 2015, the National Safety Council estimated the cost of deaths, injuries, and property damage caused by vehicular crashes to be approximately $432.5 Billion Dollars. That amount is expected to increase an estimated 6% each year.
Automobile Collisions Related Injuries
- Burns and scars
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Joint, muscle, back, neck, and bone injuries
- Knee damage
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
Damages you May Recover
If you are injured in an automobile crash, you may be entitled to various types of damages. These include damages or compensation for:
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
- Medical Expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of Consortium
Types of Accidents We Handle
Winig Law handles numerous types of personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, including:
- Reckless driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence
If you are in a car crash and have sustained injuries, you will most likely be worried about your job – "will I still have it?" – paying your scheduled bills; replacing your damaged vehicle; providing for your family while you are injured; being able to afford the care and treatment required to treat your injuries and lastly, healing from your injuries.
We Want to Help
If you were injured in an automobile accident, your injuries may result in a permanent impairment, along with tens of thousands in medical expenses, lost wages, and a lifetime of pain and suffering. Winig Law has the experience and knowledge to help ensure that you receive the compensation needed to help meet the financial challenges you will face and compensate you for your losses.
Personal Injury Attorney Steven L. Winig, Esq. is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, and is licensed to practice before all
Florida State Courts, as well as the United States District Courts for Southern and Middle Florida.
Winig Law routinely handles cases throughout Palm Beach County including West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Wellington,
Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Greenacres, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
We would be glad to have feedback from you. Drop us a line, whether it is a comment, a question or just a hello. You can use either the form below or the contact details on the right.
'The Winig Law Firm, P.A.
1615 Forum Place, Suite 3A
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
T: (561) 337-2997 | F: (561) 683-1559